One Friday afternoon, Exactly on 16-9-2011, one journalist Ravi Shankar Etteth tweeted,
When we read his tweets, other than the word “F ckers” used, there is nothing absolutely Abusive, as far as viewing from Indian perspective. But two other journo, Infamous for her tapes in #Radiagate controversy, and famous Group editor of NDTV, and another cnnibn journo caught his tweets and started making a great buzz in their circles. They complain to Prabhu Chawla, the editor of NewIndianExpress, where Ravi Shankar Etteth writes Sunday coloumns.
Barkha Expresses outrage through her tweets
@reshii i have tweeted prabhuchawla to ask his view since the chap in question represents his paper.
@prabhuchawla Sir im curious to know whether you endorse the language and content of your editor’s tweets, as pointed put by @Raheelk
@Raheelk should tweet his comments to @prabhuchawla and ask him if he approves.
@Raheelk @Razarumi whats truly horrific is that this chap manages a newspaper. What a thought.
@Raheelk and do you see anyone discussing his “ethics”. Disgusting. and thats an understatement.“
But to their disappointment Prabhu Chawla did not interfere into Ravi’s personal opinion, Rather he seems to have sensed the real moral anger which is the source of Ravi’s tweet. He says
@manishrajora @etteth No. I don’t support his view. Barring few misguided exceptions Kashmiris are as much Indians as all of us are.
@mareekuree @BDUTT @Raheelk. He is right. Let us restore secularism in Kashmir by bringing back KPs with full protection.
@SaqibReports @Raheelk @etteth He is speaking for himself and not for the organisation. He enjoys freedom of expression like all of you do
So the role of Prabhu Chawla ends there, and here is where the tweeple starts pouring in….which makes the whole fight Hillarious..
If tweets on Kashmir hurt Barkha , there were another set of tweets which seems to have hit where it should hit, and I think Barkha was waiting for something to hit him back, but it boomeranged .Just read
To which later Barkha replies… just go through this Hillarious conversation
BARKHA : @mohnishpatel oh i dont give a toss about @etteth comments about me or Nidhi. But his hate speech on Kashmir is just thatRAVI : @BDUTT @mohnishpatel Who is Nidhi?
BARKHA : @etteth the woman you accused of “making omar’s bed” apparently. such fine language. we are impressed.(The fact is RAVI did not know much about Nidhi, But Barkha REVEALS who is NIDHI)
RAVI: @BDUTT @mohnishpatel I havent accused anyone. So you know who makes Omar’s bed? How do you know that? Hmmm…
Some of Ravi’s EPIC tweets…
At the end of the day , what we gained is a Good laugh and also a good journo, who thinks like us, who loves our country like us..
One more reason for the nationalists to trust him , an article by RaviShankar : Indian spring and the colour saffron …
The Headline Twist !!
HT (Reported the survey) : Indians want Rahul as PM: Survey
LensOnViews (the website which carried out the survey) : Rahul Gandhi preferred over Manmohan, Modi over Rahul.
“However and Significantly”
HT : The survey, however, said that between Rahul Gandhi and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Narendra Modi, 53% opted for the chief minister of Gujarat.
LoV : Significantly, a majority of respondents interviewed all over the country (52%) chose Narendra Modi as the preferred PM candidate over Rahul Gandhi trailing at 40%.
Note the choice of words “However”and “significantly” used by the two websites , latter by those who did the survey !
On which section of people support whom ?
HT : The choice of Rahul Gandhi as prime minister received a much higher rating among Muslims, women, farmers and labourers – precisely the sections the Congress banks on heavily for votes.
HT deliberately forget to mention this about Modi which is there in LoV “Narendra Modi has a huge lead over Rahul Gandhi among upper castes, OBCs, college educated and urban voters. The ratings are: upper castes (Modi 65%, Rahul 28%); OBCs (Modi 53%, Rahul 39%); college educated (Modi 57%, Rahul 35%) and urban voters (Modi 57%, Rahul 34%). Modi has a tenuous lead of 3% among rural voters (Modi 48%, Rahul 45%)”
Now taking it into consideration these two factors .
1. Nearly two-thirds (63%) of voters want a change of government at the Centre.
2.a majority of respondents interviewed all over the country (52%) chose Narendra Modi as the preferred PM candidate over Rahul Gandhi trailing at 40%
Should not the Headline be ” INDIANS WANT NARENDRA MODI TO BE PM ” ?
PS: i wrote a letter to New Indian Express following thier article on the same poll on which they gave headline as “more-and-more-indians-want-rahul-as-pm-survey” and they have published my letter today !
A fishy tweeple (sfd1234) ‘ tweet against BabaRamdev gets retweted by NDTV journos. Thanks to sumeet who noticed this and alerted the fellow tweeples. Let us look into some of the characteristics of this fishy account,
This seems like a fake account, exactly like Bdutt and co calls some right wing tweeters, no DP, no bio and some agenda tweets.
Till May 31st this account was kind of OK, it was just like another tweeple. There were no tweets about Ramdev Baba before June first or before the following tweet.
- From June 1st at about 8pm in the night, this tweeple began to tweet the following to various journalists and famous people in twitter.
- Maya206 (Maya Mirchandani) is an NDTV journalist and it is mysterious to see why sfd1234 chose her first ?
- PankajPachauri another journalist of NDTV , also Rted this tweet.
Remember, these were the same people who acused us for being anonymous, and these are the same guys who are Rting anonymus tweet which contain an unverified info.
As a response maya said :
Baffled? we are beffled to see how a journo RT a unverified tweet from a fishy anonymus account ?
- No other MSM journalists RT ed this tweet, why both of those who RT ed the tweet belong to NDTV?
So overall there is some thing cooking in NDTV as their website, NDTV cooks!!!!!
STAR news does a survey, Do not ask Why now, but they think it is the apt time,especially when he “discovers” the 72 feet ashes of “dead bodies”, and gets “arrested”.
According to star news, In the survey of 8,778 people across 28 cities, the 42-year-old Gandhi scion garnered 19 percent of the votes, compared to Singh’s 21 per cent. Yes his popularity is growing only and now he is more popular face than his Mother and only second to the Present Honourable Prime Minister of India.
According to star news “In the survey of 8,778 people across 28 cities, the 42-year-old Gandhi scion garnered 19 percent of the votes, compared to Singh’s 21 per cent. Congress boss Sonia Gandhi is on the third spot with 14 per cent votes. While controversial Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi is on the fourth position with 12 per cent”
No leader of NDA is in the top three positions!!! And the most popular face for PM post is CONTROVERSIAL CHIEF MINISTER OF GUJARAT!!!
- Star news survey sample size is only about 9000.
- The timing of the survey results coincide with Rahul Gandhi UP farmer politics Drama
Many online surveys are conducted, where the results are just reverse.
Now lets us switch to another website, a FB page exactly, managed by INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION. Remember ANNA hazare? Remember Congress said they are on the same page with ANNA ? you can Participate in the poll now also
These are the results of the survey they conducted ?
- The sample size for the survey as of now is : Total votes : 20,500 votes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Modiji got about 65 percent votes in his favour, while RG has only about 22 percent votes.
- The votes modigot(13k) is more than the sample size of the star news survey(9k)
- Some other examples of NaMo’s popularity ….
Now Questions to Star news
- Now which survey is more accurate, a survey made with 9k people or 20k people?
- Why this desperate chamcha giri to hide the popularity of Narendra Modi?
- Why add adjectives like CONTROVERSIAL whenever you talk about Narendra Modi?
- Why always UPA is better than NDA in your survey results?
- Rahul Gandhi neither Sonia Gandhi can become prime minister because of citizenship issues. Why this waste of time?
The “Muslim League” , “secular Ally” of CONGRESS in Kerala, performed well in Muslim Majority district in the state. It is not just a district which happened to be muslim majority, but the district as a separate communal history to claim about its formation. 95 percent of the members in ML, and 19 out of 20 MLAs are Muslims. Yet it is called secular for whatsoever reasons. The ML was first an ally of “secular” LEFT (LDF), but switched sides to UDF (headed by CON).
The congress that has only about 38 seats which they won out of about 85 contested could form the government only because the Muslim league and Christian league (kerala congress headed by KM MANi) got good results in their respective districts where their community is predominant. So they have very right to ask for more ministeral berths, and the talks are still on. Six ministers assumed office on Wednesday, and this post is regarding the oath taken by one Minister, Kunjallikutty. Kunjallikutty is widely criticised for his alleged role in ice cream parlour rape case. Anyway it is not an issue no more as he claims, people discarded the allegations and is voted to assembly again.
Oath taken by ministers as per constitution” I, A.B., having been elected (or nominated) a member of the Legislative Assembly or Legislative Council) do swear in the name of God/solemnly affirm that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of India as by law established, that I will uphold the sovereignty and integrity of India and that I will faithfully discharge the duty upon which I am about to enter.”
- Athiests can use solemnly affirm.
- The English oath may be translated to the local language. In Malayalam it is common to use “daivam” for God, “ishwaran” is also common, but used more by Hindus.
Kunjallikutty did take oath in ALLAH’s name, He said “he swear in the name of “Sarvashakthanaya Allah” (the allpowerful god). But is it legaly wrong ? No ! supreme court has issued a judgement in a similar case and it said :
- Taking oath in the name of Allah is taking oath in the name of God.
- SC asked: “If somebody is unable to read English, the oath is translated in the language he/she understands. Then will it be the infraction of the Constitution?”
- The petition filed against the use of ALLah was also concerning this Muslim MPs of UDF, it was dismissed by SC.
- Read the judgement HC which was later upheld by SC : click here
The petitioner argued as follows:
- Article 193 of the Constitution of India indicate that the Form has to be scrupulously complied with failing which penalty can be imposed.
- The expression “God” used in the form is not confined to Allah alone but takes in God in all its manifestation.
- The elected member is the representative of each and every voters of the constituency consisting of believers of various religions and that the elected member has to take oath representing the interest of all the members of the constituency.
- By taking oath in the name of Allah, elected candidates are not respecting the sentiments of voters of the constituency which they represent.
The judgement had these interesting points :
- If the contention of the petitioner that a person who takes oath in the name of a particular God excludes all other Gods, is stretched to its logical conclusion, then a Hindu member will have to be presumed to take oath in the name of Allah or Jesus Christ also whom he does not worship or believe.
- Muslim community when use their mother tongue use the word “Allah” for “God”, though the word “Allah” is of Arabic origin.
- It is not imperative that elected candidate should take oath in the form prescribed in English but he can do it in his mother tongue.
- We are therefore unable to agree with the reasoning that the prescription of God that we get in the form is general and not personal because the constituency consists of not only believers in God, but also atheists.
Reading the judgement what I feel is that this was more of a justification than a real judgement. The court here tries to argue for the allah issue, but this has raised many questions in my mind.
- Are keralite Muslims speaking Malayalam or Arabi, if former how come they are using the name of God in local language when tey say ALLah?
- In Arabia, Allah is a local lingo, but in kerala and India it is RELIGIOUS Lingo.
- Non Muslims do not use the word Allah, for god.
- Hindus and Christians do not have any issue with the local language substitute for God, here “Daivam”. Why Muslims only have?
- If Allah is God, why dot call him Daivam? Why so specific and overtly religious is the Muslim community in kerala/India?
- Read another judgement regarding the case of swearing in the name of Sri narayana Guru,a Hindu Guru “In a landmark judgment, a Division Bench of the Kerala High Court today held that the Kodungallur MLA, Umesh Challiyil, is not entitled to sit and vote in the Assembly till he is duly sworn in, as he had taken the oath not in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution.The Bench, comprising the Chief Justice, J. L. Gupta, and Justice R. Basant, also held that “there is no doubt that Sree Narayana Guru was an apostle of virtue. He had truly done good to society. The petitioner as well as a large number of other people may believe that the Guru is a God. They may worship him. But the Constitution does not permit a person elected to be a member of the Legislature to vary the prescribed form of oath.” Now allah is not using ALLAH a variation from prescribed form of oath ?
- If a Hindu MLA cannot take the oath of office in the name of a Guru, can Muslim MLAs take the oath of office in the name of Allah and still remain MLAs? Double standards ? In Hindu faith Guru is positioned above God!!!
May be this issue of Allah and God can not be solved legally; rather it opens a differnet debate? What will happen if everybody who according to their wish interpret god in their own way? So there will be millions of names of God, and gurus also may come as their Gods and in that case it will lead to real confusion. The courts should have focussed on the implication it will have if they validate taking oath in the name of Allah, who for muslims is only a name of GOD.
Your opinions welcome ……
A report published by NIE on May 7th on Tharoor crossing 1 million followers, somehow missed the name of Narendra Modi who was only second to Tharoor in number of followers .New Indian Express forgot him and they wrote “Mrs Sushama Swaraj and Mr Omar Abdullah are the ONLY TWO POLITICIANS who have gained more fan following and have found place in TOP 50 having large number of followers. “. NIE , PrabhuChawla themselves are in twitter, but they forgot about Narendra Modi, the tweeple. They “forgot” the popularity NaMo has among Netizens. I wrote a post on this issue : nie- forgets-namo
At the same time I sent “a letter to editor” the same day: Read here There was no response from the NIE nor they corrrected it till yesterday. Accidenlty I saw Sri Prabhu Chawla in twitter tweeting whether “Narendra Modi will be invited to jayalalitha’s swearing in?” I asked him whether this ommision of NaMo’s name was deliberate, also sent a mail to him. He replied to the mail as follows:
Any way Sri Prabhu Chawla promised the correction and today he kept his promise. In the middle page right bottom, they accept it as an “inadvertent” mistake.
I am very happy that my humble post and mails to NIE and their editor, Chawla is taken into consideration and they have corrected it.But still the larger question remains “was this mistake INADVERTENT and are all mistakes and misinformation on NaMo INADVERTANT ? “
Today Nidhi Razdan , NDTV anchor was my favourite target !
- “Azad kashmir ” Where is that place?Enlighten please @nidhi_razdan !!
- IS “Azad Kashmir” your family property, which you have sold to likes of geelani sahebs ? @nidhi_razdan
- Paki tweeples and Indian trolls, well spoken @nidhi_razdan , show your tweets to Rehman SAHEB, he will give u VISA like @bdutt got !
- Aaj Azad kashmir, kal azad arunachal , parson azad kerala , and we must say you are a Honourable Women or Lady brutus ? @nidhi_razdan
- If u wanted a pak VISA , why not you contact your Group editor @BDUTT ,she’l lobby for you ? tell me what should i tell her ? @nidhi_razdan
- Arey haha , bhool gaya @abdullah_omar ke bare main, he might have more links to lahore, send a tweet to him @nidhi_razdan
- If you are so shy to ask Omar JI for a favour, let me ask @abdullah_omar , hi JK cm, can u help @nidhi_razdan go inside PAK ???
- Who the hell is anonymus ? Do you want to know my address and phone number ? follow me , i can DM you @nidhi_razdan
We also dont need any certificate 2 prove our nationalism?”Azad Kashmir” is a harmful term which is against national interest @nidhi_razdan
- whatever the work you have done in POK, do not advertise it now, apologise for “azad kashmir” remark !!!! @nidhi_razdan
- oh is it your definition that for one to be called sane , he must support your azad kashmir tweets. fail logic ! @nidhi_razdan !